Casino West Public School is meeting the NSW Healthy School Canteen Strategy
The NSW School Canteen Menu Check Service recently provided the following results:
Of the foods and drinks checked on the canteen menu, they found that:
• Sugar-sweetened drinks (included frozen varieties and jellies) and energy drinks are not for sale in our school canteen.
• Occasional packaged foods and drinks have a Health Star Rating of 3.5 stars or above.
• Portion limits are met for Occasional foods and drinks and Everyday flavoured milk and 99% fruit juices.
• At least ¾ (75%) of the menu are Everyday foods and drinks and no more than ¼ (25%) of the menu are Occasional food and drinks.
• Only Everyday foods and drinks are actively promoted in meal deals and specials. Occasional foods and drinks are not placed on the countertop at the point of sale.